27 Aug 2014
August 27, 2014
Agnolotti Pasta with creamy pesto chicken
A creamy chicken dish with ricotta filled pasta which can be made in under 15 minutes
- 650g fresh spinach and ricotta agnolotti filled pasta
- 4 small single chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 400ml thick cream (Light thickened cream can be used, if desired)
- 130g pesto
- 100g Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Step 1 - Heat a good quality olive oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan and cook chicken for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown ensuring it is cooked through.
- Step 2 - Cook agnolotti pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain pasta to remove excess water.
- Step 3 - Return the frying pan to medium heat and add the cream and pesto. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes then add the pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Step 4 - Slice the chicken into medallions. To serve, divide pasta between bowls and top with chicken. Sprinkled with basil leaves and parmesan on the top of the dish.