12 Aug 2014
August 12, 2014
Chicken Spinach & Ricotta Lasagne
A tasty chicken and ricotta lasagne.
Author: G&O Foods
Recipe type: Main
- 1kg fresh ricotta
- 600g chopped chicken breast
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g frozen spinach, thawed, excess liquid removed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 2 zucchini, trimmed, finely grated
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely grated
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 12 dried lasagne sheets
- 50g (2/3 cup) shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, celery and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until soft.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour. Add tomato, stock, zucchini and carrot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, stir the ricotta in a bowl until almost smooth. Stir in the spinach and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a little mince mixture over the bases of six 4cm-deep, 10 x 18cm ovenproof dishes. Top each with a lasagne sheet, cutting to fit. Spread half the remaining mince over lasagne sheets. Top with half the ricotta mixture. Repeat with remaining lasagne sheets, mince mixture and ricotta mixture.
- Place on 2 baking trays. Cover with foil. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked. Uncover. Top with parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes or until parmesan melts. Set aside for 5 minutes to stand.
Saturated fat: 16.00g Carbohydrates: 36.00g Sugar: 32.00g Fiber: 6.50g Cholesterol: 55.00g