There are five main types of wine and within each type there are hundreds of different grape varieties and also different styles of making wine. All these variables make the many different flavors which one can buy.
All wines can be categorised into one of the five groups below
- Red Wine – produced from black grapes.
- White Wine – produced from green grapes.
- Rosé Wine – produed from black grapes by removing the skines. Also produed by combining red and white wine together.
- Sparkling wine – can either be red, white or rosé and involves a secondary fermetation causing the bubbling.
- Fortified Wine – produced by fortitying wine with spirits. An example of this is a dry sherry.